Thursday 4 January 2007

This Day 50 years ago - Friday 4 January 1957

Actress Missing, Feared Kidnapped


   HOLLYWOOD (BUP) — Beautiful actress Marie (The Body) McDonald disappeared from her $65,000 Fernando Valley home early today in night clothes and police feared she was kidnapped.
   Police indicated they had identified two men as the suspected kidnappers.
   Two Federal Bureau of Investigation agents were called into the case, on "stand-by" until the 24-hours required by federal law has passed and provided for their entry into the case.
   A trail of anonymous threatening telephone calls and a kidnap note were left behind by the supposed kidnappers, believed by police to have abducted the blonde, 32-year-old divorced mother of three children shortly after midnight this morning.
   "We are compelled by the set of circumstances to treat the disappearance as a bona fide kidnap," said Los Angeles police Chief William Parker. "From all we know at this time it would appear that she left the premises with someone she knew."
   However, the Los Angeles Herald-Express said the actress telephoned the newspaper's Hollywood columnist, Harrison Carroll, at 4 a.m. saying she had been kidnapped by two men.
   'Tonight at my home these two men came in and abducted me. They drugged me. They gave me a shot of something... They carried me miles." the actress was quoted as saying.
   "They arc in the next room. They think I'm asleep. That's how I happened to get hold of a telephone ... They wanted “my ring and money.”

The Vancouver Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment